There are thousands of VPN companies out there, and unfortunately many of them have weak security and privacy features, or are outright malicious in wanting to steal or sell user data.
To help you find a trustworthy VPN, you should follow these steps below:
- read in-depth reviews of a VPN company on different platforms
- ask for a recommendations on different communities and see their views
- check if the company is GDPR compliant
- read their privacy features
- check if they have had any scandals or breaches
- allows for purchasing with crypto
- encrypted data
- no logs
- not in repressed or high surveillance countries
With the right homework, you can find a trustworthy VPN that actually helps safeguard your online activity.